Singer and songwriter Toni Braxton, who has been battling several illnesses over the past few years, had a scare recently and checked into the hospital.
The Braxton family stated in a recent screening of their TV show on the WE network that Toni had a setback with her fight against Lupus and thought to admit herself to the hospital.
"Everyone knows she has lupus," Towanda Braxton said. "She had a minor scare and went to the hospital to run tests and make sure everything was okay."
Your body's immune system is like an army with hundreds of soldiers.
* The immune system's job is to fight foreign substances in the body, like germs and viruses. But in autoimmune
diseases, the immune system is out of control.
* It attacks healthy tissues, not germs.
* Lupus is a disease that can affect many parts of the body.
* Everyone reacts differently.
* One person with lupus may have swollen knees and fever. Another person may be tired all the time or have kidney trouble. Someone else may have rashes.
* Lupus can involve the joints, the skin, the kidneys, the lungs, the heart and/or the brain.
* If you have lupus, it may affect two or three parts of your body.
* Usually, one person doesn't have all the possible symptoms.
If you have questions about lupus, or think you may have it, be sure to contact your doctor immediately.